You have installed multiple Windows versions on your PC ?
You have problems booting one of the Windows operating systems ?
Dual-boot Repair utility for Windows 10 can fix the booting of any current dual or multi boot Windows system from an easy to use graphical user interface (GUI).
What's new - "Fix Windows XP/2003 boot" option allows fixing of Windows booting even in a dual boot scenario of two or more Windows NT5 systems (XP / Windows Server 2003).
Important (but ignored by users):
The tool runs on any Windows OS from XP to Windows 10, so of all installed Windows versions there must be at least one Windows OS which can boot and run.
To fix booting if none of installed Windows versions can boot and run you should use your Windows installation or recovery media and run start-up(automatic) repair or use manual repair operations.
See these links and instructions how to repair Windows booting even if you don't have installation/recovery DVD/USB.
1. Automatic one click boot repair - installs proper boot files and fixes booting of latest Windows NT 6 version (Vista to Windows 10) on BIOS or UEFI firmware (fixes also NT5 boot files if necessary).
2. Fix of MBR and partition boot records for Windows NT5 systems (XP, Windows Server 2003) and for Windows NT6 systems (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10 and Server 2008/2012/2016).
3. Fix Windows Vista to Windows 10 BCD (Boot Configuration Data), also backup and restore of BCD (applies also to Server 2008/2012/2016). Using "Repair BCD" option you can create a boot loader(boot menu entry) for Vista, Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2008/2012.
4. Fix Windows XP / Windows Server 2003 boot.
5. Shortcut to Disk Management (create/shrink/extend/delete partitions and set active flag - important for booting on BIOS firmware and MBR style disks) and shortcut to administrator console and bcdedit.
6. Boot Sector Viewer for examining and saving of MBR and partition boot records.
The tool can be used by novice users (green colored buttons) and by more advanced users using all options.
Clicking on "Automatic Repair" displays a list of all installed Windows versions.
Please read carefully the displayed text before confirming the repair operation.
As already said "Automatic Repair" fixes the booting to latest Windows OS (Windows Vista to Windows 10) on your computer.
If you have only Windows XP / Server 2003 installed you can fix booting to either system using "Fix XP/2003 boot" option.
In the current implementation the "Automatic Repair" option does not fix the booting of all installed Windows systems - it fixes the booting only of the latest Windows OS installed on your computer. For fine tuning Windows boot and eventually fixing the booting of other installed Windows systems (Windows XP to Windows 10) you should use Visual BCD Editor (Visual BCD Editor runs on Windows Vista and later).
Visual BCD Editor allows to easily delete problematic boot loaders and to create a boot loader for any Windows XP to Windows 10.
I could drop support for Windows XP and use only one tool for repairing Windows booting - Visual BCD Editor - but I think that Windows XP is a good system and despite not anymore supported by Microsoft it is still used by many people.
==>> Extract zip file to an empty directory (application is portable) and create a shortcut icon for the tool on Desktop.
==>> Overwrite existing files in Visual BCD installation directory.
On English Windows versions Visual BCD is installed to folder "Program Files" (on 32-bit OS) or to "Program Files (x86)" (on 64-bit OS).
The tool needs .NET 2 or .NET 4 and can run on Windows XP to Windows 10.
Dual-boot Repair tool is for private, non-profit use!
If you want to use the tool in a production/for profit environment you have to obtain a written permission from author - contact email boyans dot gm at gmail dot com.
THE TOOL CANNOT BE HOSTED ON OTHER SITES FOR DOWNLOAD.